Pollination Guelph Community Grant Program
Are you concerned about pollinators and their habitat in Guelph and Wellington County?
Are you a community garden, school, faith community, health care facility, environmental group, academic/researcher, educator, neighbourhood group or other valued non-profit community member?
Want to make a difference for pollinators, the environment and the community?
At a time of accelerating climate change, pollinators and their habitat need our help more than ever! This year, Pollination Guelph is funding local initiatives in support of our Goals and Objectives. The 2020 Program will provide grants of up to $1000.
Focus areas for 2020
The three areas of focus for funding in 2020 are:
• Planting, enhancing and/or maintaining pollinator habitat. E.g. gardens, naturalization projects
• Educating others about pollinators and pollinator habitat through a special event, activity or signage. E.g. during “Pollinator Week”, June 22 – 28, 2020
• Conducting research at our habitat sites. E.g. surveying pollinator and/or plant species, investigating pollinator-friendly plants for different conditions, evaluating insect and plant interactions.
To be eligible to apply, interested non-profit organizations and individuals must:
• Be located within, or conduct the work within, Guelph or the surrounding Wellington County
• Complete and submit the Application Form available for download here (Fillable MS Word document)
• If funded, complete or substantially complete the project before the end of 2020
• Agree to share your project results with us through images and a brief write-up. You may also be invited to give a short presentation at our March 2021 symposium in Guelph
The application Deadline is March 31, 2020 at midnight. Successful applicants will be notified by April 30, 2020
Download and complete the application form and submit it to us by e-mail before the deadline.